Join the resort where you can work in the mountains and play at the beach. Mountain High is seeking a Marketing Manager to oversee the resort’s digital branding, communications, and content development. This includes everything from administering the website, to managing social media, to producing contests and traffic-driving promotions.
This is one of the most important and creative positions on the mountain and directly influences our attendance. The ability to work collectively, provide inspiration, and take constructive criticism are important qualities necessary to this role. The Marketing Manager is a nine (9) month Key Seasonal position, responsible for providing energetic, strategic leadership, as well as, developing and implementing marketing plans and functions.
Responsible for but not limited to the following
- Administer website @ mthigh.com. Includes updating web pages, writing blogs, managing snow reports, and more.
- Grow and maintain all social media channels most specifically Instagram, Facebook, Twitter, and Snap Chat. Includes content creation, promotion development, ad placement, and tracking.
- Respond to daily questions from all website, social media and review channels.
- Produce and administer weekly contests and surveys including winner selection, guest notification, web & social media updates, and fulfillment.
- Ensure the brand and mission statement are consistently executed through all channels.
- Coordinate display ad placement through Google Adwords
- Place and track “pay per click” advertising through Google Search
- Update website for search engine optimization (SEO)
- Manage College Ski/Snowboard Clubs
- Set up photo shoots. Call riders. Work with riders and mags to set up filming opportunities.
- Conduct weekly safety meetings
- Early morning snow reporting several days a week
- Assist other departments on busy days (IE rentals, lift ops, food & beverage, guest services)
Qualifications should include the following
- 2 years direct marketing experience is required
- Bachelor’s degree in marketing or related field is preferred
- Strong computer and web editing skills required. Photoshop and Illustrator preferred.
- Intermediate and above skiing and/or snowboarding skills
- Good with creating and keeping brand team relationships
- Excellent writing skills, presentation/PowerPoint skills & other Microsoft Office applications
- Photography is a plus
- Must be able to be at the resort early
PERKS of being a Mountain High Employee
- Free Employee Season Pass
- Dependent Passes for $25
- Free tickets for family and friends
- Discounts on Food, Lessons, Rentals & Non-Sale Retail Items
At Mountain High we introduce, educate, and inspire guests to participate in a lifetime of winter sports. This is a benefited position offering medical, dental, vision and 401K, as well as, vacation/holiday/sick pay and employee discounts. Dependable transportation for winter driving conditions is recommended. Mountain High Resort is EEOC & ADA Compliant and a Drug-Free Workplace.
This is a brief summary of the position and not intended to be a complete job description.
Dependable transportation for winter driving conditions recommended. Mountain High Resort is EEOC & ADA Compliant and a Drug-Free Workplace.