Join the resort where you can work in the mountains and play at the beach. Mountain High is seeking a Marketing Manager to oversee the resort’s branding, ad placement, communication, and content development. This includes everything from developing seasonal campaigns to buying ad space, administering the website, managing social media, and communicating with guests.
This is one of the most important and creative positions on the mountain. The ability to work collectively, provide inspiration, and take constructive criticism are important qualities necessary to this role. The Marketing Manager is a nine (9) month Key Seasonal position, responsible for providing energetic, strategic support, as well as developing and implementing marketing plans and functions.
Responsible for but not limited to the following
- Assist the VP of Sales & Marketing with campaign development and strategic planning.
- Administer website @ mthigh.com. Includes updating web pages, writing blogs, managing snow reports, and more.
- Grow and maintain all social media channels most specifically Instagram, Facebook, and Twitter. Includes content creation, promotion development, ad placement, and tracking.
- Place and track “pay per click” advertising through Google Adwords
- Coordinate digital display ad placement.
- Update website for search engine optimization (SEO)
- Respond to daily questions from all website, social media and review channels.
- Produce and administer weekly contests and surveys including winner selection, guest notification, web & social media updates, and fulfillment.
- Develop Influencer Program. Recruit influencers.
- Manage College Ski/Snowboard Clubs
- Early morning snow reporting several days a week
- Fulfill internet orders (t-shirts, stickers, posters, etc)
- Manage the office. Make sure it is clean, presentable. Copiers and printers have ink. Office supplies stocked.
- Assist other marketing members. IE sorting, folding, collating, special events, shipping, etc.
- Assist other departments on busy days (IE rentals, lift ops, food & beverage, guest services)
- Set up photo shoots. Call riders. Work with riders and mags to set up filming opportunities.
- Weekly safety meetings and paperwork
- Maintain window boxes and marketing presence around the facility
- Meet and greet incoming marketing guests, assist with complimentary tickets, and season passes, liaison between marketing and tickets
- Work with sponsors and events managers to make sure sponsorship is being fulfilled by the resort.
Qualifications should include the following
- 2 years direct marketing experience is required
- Bachelor’s degree in marketing or related field is preferred
- Strong computer and web editing skills required. Photoshop and Illustrator preferred.
- Intermediate and above skiing and/or snowboarding skills
- Excellent writing skills, presentation/PowerPoint skills & other Microsoft Office applications
- Photography is a plus
- Must be able to be at the resort early
PERKS of being a Mountain High Employee
- Free Employee Season Pass
- Dependent Passes for $25
- Free tickets for family and friends
- Discounts on Food, Lessons, Rentals & Non-Sale Retail Items
This is a benefited position offering medical, dental, vision and 401K, as well as, vacation/holiday/sick pay and employee discounts. Dependable transportation for winter driving conditions is recommended. Mountain High Resort is EEOC & ADA Compliant and a Drug-Free Workplace.
This is a brief summary of the position and not intended to be a complete job description.
Dependable transportation for winter driving conditions recommended. Mountain High Resort is EEOC & ADA Compliant and a Drug-Free Workplace.