Mountain High Resort welcomes media representatives on assignment and is happy to provide assistance with everything from trip planning and lift tickets to ideas and fact checking. To ensure the best possible experience, please see below.
- Please contact us as early as possible to schedule a visit. We will need to know the purpose of your visit, your media affiliation, when and how long you will be visiting, and what assistance you will need from the resort.
- You may be asked to submit a letter of assignment on company letterhead from your editor, publisher, news director, assignment editor or producer that includes a date when your piece is expected to run.
- Complimentary lift tickets will be issued only to those directly responsible for producing a story. Due to the large volume of visiting media, we are not able to offer complimentary lift tickets to spouses, significant others, children or friends.
- During holiday periods we traditionally do not offer complimentary lift tickets and/or other services.
Mountain High Resort does not own any lodging facilities, however, depending on availability, we will be happy to assist you in making reservations at lodges or individual properties in the Wrightwood area.
After your visit, it is extremely important that you provide us with copies of any resulting articles, stories, photographs or broadcast tapes for our files.
- Photo Library and Photographers - The Marketing Department maintains a library of thousands of digital images filled with scenes of skiing, snowboarding, special events, children, ski school and more. Images are provided for editorial use only. In addition, professional freelance photographers are available and the Marketing Department can assist in contracting their services.
- Beta Stock Footage and Video Services - Mountain High has a variety of b-roll footage with natural sound available for broadcast use. Content consists of skiing, snowboarding, beauty shots, special events, and more. Our capable video staff can ski or snowboard while filming and local talent is available for on-site correspondence and voice-overs to complete your package.
- Mountain Guides - The Marketing Department is available for familiarization tours while journalists are skiing or snowboarding at Mountain High. We can provide you with local and insider tips including the best runs on each mountain, plus where to find spectacular views, outstanding on-mountain dining, powder stashes and more. Mountain Guides must be requested in advance.