Join the resort where you can work in the mountains and play at the beach. Mountain High is seeking an on-hill Special Events Manager to coordinate and execute all resort activities and promotions.
This is one of the most important and creative positions on the mountain and directly influences our guest’s experience. This is a Key Seasonal Position with benefits including medical, dental & vision insurance, as well as paid vacation, holidays, and more.
Responsible for but not limited to the following
- Evaluating current events and activities.
- Developing, scheduling, and producing resort activities such as on-hill ski & snowboard contests, on-site promotions, music events, vendor days, children’s activities, and more.
- Conceptualizing new contests and traffic-driving promotions.
- Generating partners and sponsorship funds to support events and promotions.
- Working with the Marketing Department to advertise and promote all activities. Meet set attendance goals.
- Providing written recaps to each event with recommendations on areas of improvement.
Qualifications should include
- 2 - 3 years on-mountain event experience is preferred
- Bachelor’s degree in a related field is preferred
- Strong understanding of youth culture in sports and culture
- Strong leadership/management skills. Previous management experience a HUGE plus
- Excellent writing skills are a must.
- Proven success with strategic planning and implementation
- Proficient in Microsoft Office applications
PERKS of being a Mountain High Employee
- Free Employee Season Pass
- Dependent Passes for $25
- Free tickets for family and friends
- Discounts on Food, Lessons, Rentals & Non-Sale Retail Items
At Mountain High, we introduce, educate, and inspire guests to participate in a lifetime of winter sports. This is a 9 month/Key Seasonal position including medical/dental/vision, paid vacation, and holidays during months of employment.
This is a summary of the position and not intended to be a complete job description.
Dependable transportation for winter driving conditions recommended.
Mountain High Resort is EEOC & ADA Compliant and a Drug-Free Workplace.