Mountain High is one of the leading resorts in SoCal. We are forward thinkers that are committed to the mountain and eager to promote skiing and snowboarding to everyone we meet. The Grooming & Terrain Park Manager is responsible for providing a safe and interactive on-hill guest experience, as well as providing the department leadership required for creating an environment of outstanding customer service.
Responsible for, but not limited to, the following:
• Hire, train and motivate all snow cat operators and terrain park staff
• Oversee the safe and efficient grooming of all mountain snow trails
• Assist with the assembling and design of terrain features
• Direct shovel/removal of snow
• Create detailed instructions for staff to follow
• Maintain various logs and other records related to the terrain park and grooming
• Work closely with the Marketing Manager and the Special Events Manager on facilitating terrain park events, photos and promos for the resort website and other publications
• Ensure all grooming/park staff is following all company policies and procedures in addition to safety requirements
• Perform other duties as assigned
Qualifications should include the following:
• Minimum of 2 years management experience
• Working knowledge of both grooming and terrain park standards
• Ability to train all staff on proper radio use, mountain procedures on interaction with snowmaking and snowmobile use
• Able to adapt to a fast-paced environment with changing priorities while maintaining a high-level of professionalism
• Must be able to work Graveyard/Swing Shift/Weekends/Holidays
• Provide proof of valid CA driver’s license
• DMV record check is required
This is a brief summary of the position and not intended to be a complete job description. Dependable transportation for winter driving conditions recommended. Mountain High Resort is EEOC & ADA Compliant and a Drug-Free Workplace.
Copyright © 2012 Mountain High. All rights reserved.
Mountain High Resort is located in the Angeles National Forest under special use permit from the Forest Service. Facilities are operated to prohibit discrimination on the basis of race, color, national origin, age, religion, sex, disability, familial status or political affiliation.