A. Winter Operations
The ski area allows individuals with mobility disabilities to use designated devices, such as wheelchairs and other manually powered aids, in areas/facilities open to the public.
1. This ski area allows the use of adaptive devices or other manually powered mobility aids on the slopes.
2. Adaptive devices may be defined as specialized equipment that has been designed and manufactured primarily for use by individuals who have disabilities, including but not limited to mono skis, bi skis, sit-skis and outriggers. Mountain Highs Winter Sports School will arrange for any adaptive equipment that meets this definition while in a scheduled lesson with our Adaptive School. Please call ahead to schedule a lesson with our certified staff 760 316 7861.
3. Mountain High prohibits the use of any power drive-driven mobility device’ on ski trails or within the ski area boundary (as defined by the National Forest Service), except for the use of snowmobiles by Mountain High employees as defined in the Resorts Snowmobile Guideline.
4. This Ski Area has determined that the use of power driven devices or vehicles by the public, including other power-driven mobility devices used by individuals with mobility disabilities, would conflict with the Ski Area’s safety requirements necessary for the reasonably safe operations of our on-slope activities. These safety concerns include the use of devices on the slopes that expose the user and skiers/snowboarders to a safety hazard; collisions with downhill riders; the use of devices that may provide access into closed areas that pose avalanche hazards. These safety concerns are compounded by our facilities high volume of trail use. These safety requirements are based on actual risks and are not intended to be discriminatory in any way.
B. Summer Operations
1. Mountain High Resort facilities are closed to the public during the off-season (typically mid-April through the end of November).
2. If a guest with a disability is attending a private event hosted at Mountain High during the off-season; mobility devices shall be permitted in accordance with above mentioned items with the following exceptions.
3. The use of any power driven devices or vehicles by the public, including other power-driven mobility devices used by individuals with mobility disabilities, creates a substantial risk of serious harm to the immediate environment and natural resources. Due to the need to address soil integrity, erosion and vegetative concerns, the Ski Area has adopted a “no motorized” policy for the public during the summer season and the use is prohibited.
A. Service animals are allowed in all public areas within the resorts base area facilities.
B. Mountain High resort allows the use of service animals on lifts and trails under the following conditions.
C. Mountain High complies with ADA regulations (§ 35.136) as follows.
The Ski Area may ask persons using an “other power mobility device”’ to provide a credible assurance that the mobility device is required because of the person’s disability. The Ski Area accepts the presentations of a valid, State-issued, disability parking placard or card, or other state-issued proof of Disability, as a credible assurance that the use if other power-driven mobility device is for the individual’s mobility disability. In the absence of proof the Area shall allow the use of other power-driven mobility device if the individual states it is being used for disability. Any evidence to the contrary may be evaluated and acted upon by this resort.
Mountain High is committed to a legendary resort experience by all winter sports enthusiasts and will make reasonable accommodations for individuals with disabilities.
For more information you may visit our guest services booth.
Copyright © 2012 Mountain High. All rights reserved.
Mountain High Resort is located in the Angeles National Forest under special use permit from the Forest Service. Facilities are operated to prohibit discrimination on the basis of race, color, national origin, age, religion, sex, disability, familial status or political affiliation.